TIPS ON HOME STAGING
You’ve heard it before- it’s all about first impressions!
Home staging simply helps your home look more attractive while highlighting some of its best features. If your home is on the market, your goal is to makes potential buyers feel like they could live there, and the finest way to do this is to neutralize the surroundings.
Below are some helpful styling tips to help put your home in prime showing shape!
· Clear out your closets and clutter
· Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (kitchen, living room, master suite, family room etc)
· Remove personal items in your home like family photos and souvenirs
· Put away large items such as porcelains, plates and vases to create more space
· In the summer, water your grass and garden 30 minutes before an open house- this will make your lawn sparkle
· Do not cook anything that will leave an odor (fish, garlic etc)
· Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes
· Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home
· Uses mirrors to help smaller rooms look more open
· Use as much natural light as possible
· Make small repairs to faucets, squeaking doors and fences
· Bring another set of eyes to help you catch something you may have overlooked